Bargain Runway: That Look for Less
Alice + Olivia for the Budget Chic Gal
I am a firm believer that great fashion should not cost a small fortune. What’s the fun in looking great but having nowhere to go because you spent all your hard earned money on that pricey, albeit great outfit?! There you are looking fabulously chic…in your kitchen…with your cat. Not exactly what you pictured when you were shopping, right?
Believe it or not, you can have your cake and eat it too. Fashion, even the ready-to-wear, right off the runway kind, is absolutely accessible! Don’t be intimidated by the designer name or matching price tag. With a little patience and willingness to hunt, you can find a runway look at a bargain chic price. Don’t believe me? Check out my Bargain Runway look inspired by Alice + Olivia’s fall 11’ collection. I’ll share all you need to know about where to go and the price you’ll pay to create the same look for less.
Alice + Olivia fall 11′ look – estimated price $1118, excluding jacket
Inspired Look for Less – $141.57
– 7th Avenue ankle pant, $20.00 – New York Company
– White cotton/stretch button-down with accordion pleated detailing, $39.95 – New York and Company
– Jessica Simpson black patent, pee-toe platform heels, $40 – Marshalls
– Striped acrylic/wool blend sweater, $10.42 (clearance) – Ann Taylor Loft
– Croft & Barrow long strand pearls (2), $15.60 ea – Kohl’s
Are you inspired yet? Grab your purse and let the hunt begin!
* All photos by MomentsInTheSeam
Filed under: Bargain Runway: That Look for Less, Designer Finds for Less, Designers, Weekly Musings | 2 Comments
Tags: Accessories, Alice + Olivia, Ann Taylor Loft, Budget Chic, Fall 2011, Kohl's, Marshalls, New York and Company, Runway, Shoes